How We Store / Use Your Data:
In light of the GDPR legislation the following document provides you with information regarding the storage and use of your data by rotibox.
rotibox uses your data in two ways:
- Operationally, in the form of capturing payments and delivering your order.
- Marketing, in the form of email marketing if you have provided permission for us to do so.
Please be advised of the following caveats to the storage and use of your data:
- None of the data you provide is used for any other reason than indicated in this document.
- At any point, you can request that your data is removed from our systems.
- We do not share data with any third parties, other than the ones indicated below.
- Your data is stored on a secure, protected server, and is removed and properly deleted once the data no longer serves a purpose within the organisation.
Storing and using your data for Operational purposes.
- Your data will only be used for the purposes of purchasing our products and subsequently receiving your product via home delivery.
- The data and information you provide will not be used for any other reason than this. To complete an order, we do have to share your data with certain third parties indicated below:
For the purposes of delivering an order, depending on what items you have purchased:
For the purposes of capturing your payment, depending on which payment method you choose to use:
- Sage Pay
- 1st Data
Storing and using your data for Marketing purposes.
We only collect your data in the form of an email address to be used for the purposes of email marketing, providing you with the latest rotibox news, updates and offers. This is subject to the following terms:
- Your email address will only be used if you have given expressed permission either by accepting marketing at the point of sale, by entering a competition or manually subscribing yourself through our website sign up forms.
- Our mailing lists are set up to offer a double opt-in feature, to ensure your consent is absolute.
- Your email address will only be used to send you relevant updates about rotibox.
- Your email address will never be shared with other companies or third parties, unless you have given expressed permission.
- You can request to leave our mailing list at any time, by either contacting us directly using the information below, or by clicking ‘unsubscribe’ on the next or previous email you receive.
- Upon purchase, you are given the option of accepting email marketing
- (a) Exactly what personal information may be collected and by what means
- (b) Other information we collect through our services
- (c) What about Cookies
- (d) How this information may be used, including anyone it might be shared with
- (e) Opt-in and opt-out provisions
- (f) How you can access and, if necessary, change the personal information rotibox maintains
- (g) Safeguarding your personally identifiable data
- (h) Where and how to ask questions or file complaints
- (i) Your consent
Exactly what personal information may be collected about you and by what means?
rotibox collects personal information in several ways directly from its online visitors when they order for themselves. If an order is placed with us, we need to hold personal information including your name, email address, phone numbers, home address, shipping address(es), credit card billing address(es) and birth date so that we can process and fulfil your orders. Credit card details are entered directly into our SAGE PAY system and are neither transmitted nor held on rotibox systems. In certain instances we may be required to collect and store additional data including credit card details. This will only be done with your explicit consent. Additionally we may also obtain information as a result of authentication or identity checks. Sometimes we may ask for your telephone number. This number may be given to our courier for delivery services. These details allow us to process your order and to let you know the status of your order.
Other information we collect through our services
As a user of our services, we may collect non-personal data about use of the website, such as pages visited, times and volume of use of the services as well as Traffic Data. Traffic data includes logs, details of networks, time of log-on or access, length of sessions and similar systems data.
What about cookies?
How this information may be used, including anyone it might be shared with
rotibox may use your personal information for the processing of orders, payments and to provide you with a personalised shopping experience. We will also use your details to fulfil and deliver your orders and manage your account. Your personal information may also be checked with credit agencies to prevent fraud. Where there is a legal obligation to do so, we may disclose your information to any relevant regulatory body.
When you register with rotibox, you will be asked if you want to subscribe to our update service. If you choose to opt-in for this service, the information you provide will allow us to alert you to new products, features and enhancements; special offers; upgrade opportunities; contests and events of interest.
Opt-In and Opt-Out Provision
At all times, we will offer you the opportunity to opt-out of any service to which you have subscribed. Any e-mail we send you will contain an easy automated opt-out link so that you can opt-out of that particular mailshot. Simply follow the indications in the e-mail.
Safeguarding your personally identifiable information
We will only collect personally identifiable information to the extent deemed reasonably necessary to serve you in view of our legitimate business purposes as set out above, and we will use our best endeavours to maintain appropriate safeguards to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of the information you have provided us with. When you place an order or access your account information, we use a Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption which encrypts your information before it is sent to us to protect it from unauthorised use. In addition, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that third party business partners to whom we transfer any data will provide sufficient protection of that personal information.
Last updated: Oct 1st 2019